Please select one or more filter options
to narrow down your search.
"The Sustainable Development Goals are the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all.
They address the global challenges we face, including those related to poverty, inequality, climate, environmental degradation, prosperity, and peace and justice. The Goals interconnect and in order to leave no one behind, it is important that we achieve each Goal and target by 2030." – United Nations
We relate our commitments and actions to the Sustainable Development Goals that were decided by governments worldwide in 2016. It is a first step towards our ambition of integrating them into our brand and future reporting. Read more about them here: https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/sustainable-development-goals/
At Scandia Gear, we mainly focus on the following sustainability goals:
8: Buy from green companies that are equal opportunity employers
Decent work and economic growth – sustainable economic growth will require societies to create the conditions that allow people to have quality jobs.
Scandia Gear works with 45 production partners, each of which has been selected with great care and attention. At Scandia, we strive at all times to monitor and improve our working conditions. To better manage this, we became a member of the amfori Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) in November 2019.
The goals we have set for 2025 are as follows:
1. Garment production partners from countries designated high-risk that have not yet been audited for social compliance must undergo audits.
2. By 2025, all production partners must be physically visited at least once and / or all production partners must be visited every year by means of an online factory tour by our Social Compliance officer (taking into account COVID).
3. Before 2025, we have 80% insight into the Social Compliance status of our third party suppliers.
12: Recycle paper, plastic, glass and aluminium.
Responsible production and consumption
We are developing our new Green Label to highlight our more sustainable choices. These products are all manufactured with our new sustainable policy in mind. Made from organic or recycled materials, these products are our greenest choice. Our first Green Label products will be available in late 2020/2021.
Our new Green Label collection offers products made using sustainable and recycled materials. The goals we have set for this product range are:
1. Add 7 new items to the Green Label collection by the end of 2021
2. Start Green Label with seven sustainable items, after which the collection will continue to be expanded by the end of 2022.
14: Avoid plastic bags to keep the oceans safe and clean
Careful management of this essential global resource is a key feature of a sustainable future.
We have a close connection to the sea, which is why we would like to contribute to keep our oceans clean. For this reason, we started our new plastic policy: use as little plastic as possible in our supply chain. As of 2021, no more plastic packaging will be shipped from Scandia HQ (except for exceptional items).
Given our close connection to the sea, we are especially enthusiastic about these goals:
1. Keep removing of all unnecessary plastic from our supply chain by 2021
2. Any plastic in our supply chain that is required for protection, will be made from 100% recycled plastic by 2021
3. By 2021, every order shipped from our Singapore warehouse will be packed in one large polybag made from recycled plastic due to high humidity. Our other locations will follow our Headquarters policy.