Please select one or more filter options
to narrow down your search.
EN 466 - Protection against liquid chemicals (type 3 equipment)
EN 466-1:1995 - Protection against liquid chemicals - Performance requirements for chemical protective clothing with spray-tight seams between different parts of the clothing (type 3 equipment)
(EN 14605:2005 supersedes EN 466-1:1995.)
This standard specifies the performance requirement for chemical protection clothing with spray-tight seams between the clothing’s parts. Chemical protective clothing must meet the requirements of EN 340 and EN 466-1.
If risks to the wearer are associated with occasional splashes from corrosive and non-volatile chemicals, type 3 chemical protective clothing is sufficient when worn in combination with protective boots, gloves, and a visor. This apparel and protective equipment provide sufficient protection against commonly encountered acids and alkalis.
Type 3 Equipment:
• One-piece suit worn with an attached hood
Manufacturing and expiration dates (formatted as “month and year”) must be added to the clothing’s labels. In addition to the pictogram that denotes the clothing’s resistance to chemicals, the following capacities may be specified (note: a higher number indicates better performance):
• Abrasion resistance class (1 to 6)
• Resistance to heat blocking class (1 or 2)
• Flex cracking resistance class (1 to 5)
• Puncture resistance class (1 to 5)
• Tear resistance class (1 to 5)
• Coating adhesion strength class (1 to 5)
• Resistance to permeation by liquids class (1 to 6)
• Seam strength class (1 to 5)