Scandia Gear | Delays in Production and Deliveries
April 06, 2021
We would like to update you on the current situation in our supply chain, specifically the factors that have led to limited quantities in our warehouse and delayed deliveries:
– Container transport has been slow-moving for several months due to the limited availability of containers and longer, more unpredictable sailing times.
– The recent blockage in the Suez Canal caused additional delays.
– Delivery times for raw materials are longer than usual.
– Production facilities have limited and varied capacity due to current health measures.
– Third-party suppliers (e.g., 3M, Honeywell, etc.) are facing the same problems in their supply chains, resulting in even longer production lead times.
While this combination of factors has adversely affected our production schedule and the stock levels at our Rotterdam, Singapore, Houston, and Dubai warehouses, we are monitoring the situation closely and are doing everything we can to minimise the impact on your orders.
If you have any specific questions about the status of your orders, please contact our Sales Team.
We’re happy to help!